800 Niagara St. N., Unit G1, Welland, ON L3C 5Z4 @Seaway Mall
How to provide the best care through evidence based information, reducing potentially harmful/wasteful investigations & practices and rather focusing our care and resources on what works.
The Canadian Deprescribing Network is dedicated to raising awareness of medication safety, deprescribing and safer alternatives to risky medications. Explore their resources for the general public and heath care professional by following the link below:
Diabetes Canada: www.diabetes.ca
Diabetes Code by Dr. Jason Fung
The Toronto Metabolic Clinic: www.torontometabolicclinic.com
– Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung
– The Pioppi Diet by Dr. Aseem Malhotra
Free Programs for CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
MoodGYM is a free online program that aims to reduce mild to moderate symptoms of depression and anxiety by teaching you the principles of cognitive behaviour therapy.
MindBeacon – MindBeacon is a cognitive behavioural therapy for depression (free for all Ontario residents over 16 years of age).
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH): www.camh.ca
Togetherall – 24/7 Anonymous Online Mental Health Support. Free to all Ontario Residents.
Bounce Back Ontario: www.bouncebackontario.ca
BounceBack® is a free skill-building program managed by the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA). It is designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression and anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered over the phone with a coach and through online videos, you will get access to tools that will support you on your path to mental wellness.
App for Anxiety:
MindShift™ CBT – Anxiety Canada
– Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David Burns
– The Worry Cure by Robert Leahy
– Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook For Dummies by Rhena Branch, Rob Willson
Mastering Your Adult ADHD: A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Program, Therapist Guide by Steven A. Safren, Susan E. Sprich, Carol A. Perlman, Michael W. Otto.
PTSD and Other Trauma
Reclaiming Your Life from a Traumatic Experience: A Prolonged Exposure Treatment Program by Barbara Olasov Rothbaum, Edna B. Foa, Elizabeth A. Hembree, Sheila A.M. Rauch
Inter-Professional Spine Assessment & Education Clinics (ISAEC): www.isaec.org
Under the section for “For Patients” you will find videos and tips on how to manage your back pain.
Back Care Canada:
Dr. Mike Evans video on Low Back Pain:
Toronto Academic and Pain Medicine Institute (TAPMI):
– Managing Chronic Pain: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Approach Workbook by John Otis
– CBT for Chronic Pain and Psychological Well-Being by Mark Carlson
– Managing Pain Before it Manages You by Margaret A. Caudill
– The Pain Survival Guide by Dennis W. Turk
– You Are Not Your Pain by Vidyamala Burch & Danny Penman
Patient resources on potential harms of opioids and recent guidelines:
– Overcoming Your Alcohol or Drug Problem: Effective Recovery Strategies Therapist Guide by Dennis C Daley, G. Alan Marlatt
Support to quit smoking | Ontario.ca
STOP on the Net
Ottawa Model for Smoking Cessation
Quitting Smoking | Niagara Region
Patient resources on potential harms of Benzodiazepines ( sleeping and anxiety medications ) and recent guidelines.
Getting a Good Night’s Sleep – Anxiety Canada
– Say Goodnight to Insomnia by Gregg D. Jacobs
– Go! To Sleep® CBT app for insomnia by Cleveland Clinic
– Overcoming Insomnia A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Approach Therapist Guide by Jack Edinger, Colleen Carney
Travel’s Health (CDC):
Public Health Ontario:
Caring for Kids: https://www.caringforkids.cps.ca/
About Kids Health: https://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/
Rourke Baby Record: http://www.rourkebabyrecord.ca/
Cancer Care Ontario: www.cancercareontario.ca
Hypertension Canada: www.hypertension.ca
Heart & Stroke Foundation: www.heartandstroke.ca
Health Canada: www.hc-sc.gc.ca
Public Health Agency of Canada: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca
Canadian Health Statistics: www.statcan.ca
Canadian Immunization Information: www.immunize.ca
Ontario Ministry of Health: www.health.gov.on.ca