800 Niagara St. N., Unit G1, Welland, ON L3C 5Z4 @Seaway Mall
How to provide the best care through evidence based information, reducing potentially harmful/wasteful investigations & practices and rather focusing our care and resources on what works.
The Canadian Deprescribing Network is dedicated to raising awareness of medication safety, deprescribing and safer alternatives to risky medications. Explore their resources for the general public and heath care professional by following the link below:
Diabetes Canada: www.diabetes.ca
Diabetes Code by Dr. Jason Fung
Hypertension Canada: www.hypertension.ca
Cancer Care Ontario: www.cancercareontario.ca
The Toronto Metabolic Clinic: www.torontometabolicclinic.com
– Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung
– The Pioppi Diet by Dr. Aseem Malhotra
Free Programs for CBT Therapy
MoodGYM is a free online program that aims to reduce mild to moderate symptoms of depression and anxiety by teaching you the principles of cognitive behaviour therapy.
E- Couch is another creation by the developers of MoodGym. E-couch offers a self-help interactive program with modules for depression, generalized anxiety & worry, social anxiety, relationship breakdown, and loss & grief.
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH): www.camh.ca
Bounce Back Ontario: www.bouncebackontario.ca
– Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David Burns
– The Worry Cure by Robert Leahy
– Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Workbook For Dummies by Rhena Branch, Rob Willson
Inter-Professional Spine Assessment & Education Clinics (ISAEC): www.isaec.org
Under the section for “For Patients” you will find videos and tips on how to manage your back pain.
Back Care Canada:
Dr. Mike Evans video on Low Back Pain:
Toronto Academic and Pain Medicine Institute (TAPMI):
– Managing Chronic Pain: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Approach Workbook by John Otis
– CBT for Chronic Pain and Psychological Well-Being by Mark Carlson
– Managing Pain Before it Manages You by Margaret A. Caudill
– The Pain Survival Guide by Dennis W. Turk
– You Are Not Your Pain by Vidyamala Burch & Danny Penman
Patient resources on potential harms of opioids and recent guidelines:
Patient resources on potential harms of Benzodiazepines ( sleeping and anxiety medications ) and recent guidelines.
– Say Goodnight to Insomnia by Gregg D. Jacobs
– Go! To Sleep® CBT app for insomnia by Cleveland Clinic
Travel’s Health (CDC):
Public Health Ontario:
Heart & Stroke Founctation: www.heartandstroke.ca
Health Canada: www.hc-sc.gc.ca
Public Health Agency of Canada: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca
Canadian Health Statistics: www.statcan.ca
Canadian Immunization Information: www.immunize.ca
Ontario Ministry of Health: www.health.gov.on.ca